Study Permits


To apply for a Study Permit in Canada, you must apply to IRCC after you have received an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).  You must be able to prove you can pay the tuition fees of the school, as well as support yourself for the duration of your studies.

Next Steps

Once you have a Study Permit, you may be permitted to work without a Work Permit, depending on the conditions of your Study Permit.  Upon completion of your studies, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which will allow you to legally work in Canada up to a maximum of three years.  Not all programs offered by a DLI are eligible for the PGWP.  If you are planning on working in Canada after graduating, ensure your program of study qualifies for the PGWP.

Have Questions?

We love providing solutions for individuals and businesses needing Canadian immigration services.

View our full list of personal immmigration services.