Extensions & Restorations

It is important to apply for an extension of your immigration document if you wish to remain in Canada after the expiration of your current document.  If your status has already expired, you may be eligible to apply for a restoration of your status.  Do not ignore your loss of status, this is a very serious issue if you do not take steps to normalize your status in Canada.

You may extend your Study Permit, Work Permit or Visitor Document by applying to IRCC before the expiration of your current document.  It is recommended that you apply within 30 days of the expiration date of your status.  If you are from a Visa exempt country and only received a stamp in your passport, then the expiration date will be written in by the CBSA officer, if your passport did not get stamped, then the expiration date is six months from the date you entered Canada.

Have Questions?

We love providing solutions for individuals and businesses needing Canadian immigration services.

View our full list of personal immmigration services.