Work Permits 2018-01-30T23:49:34+00:00

Work Permits

International Mobility Program (IMP)

The IMP allows employers hire temporary workers without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Employers may receive exemptions from the LMIA process are based on: 1) broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada; and 2) reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents.  Perspective workers must have a Canadian employer who is willing to hire them under this program.

Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)

The TFWP requires employers to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to Service Canada.  If the decision from Service Canada is positive, this will allow the Canadian employer to employ a foreign national.  Employers must pay the LMIA application fee and may not be reimbursed from the worker.  Perspective workers must have a Canadian employer who either has a current positive determination for the job position or be willing to go through the process of applying for an LMIA.

Have Questions?

We love providing solutions for individuals and businesses needing Canadian immigration services.

Let’s Chat!

View our full list of personal immmigration services.

Personal Services